We are looking for an experienced Director of Finance to oversee all financial aspects of the organization and drive the organization’s financial strategy and planning. The Director is responsible for assessing the financial performance of the organization as well as possible risks and investments.
The Director is a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles. He/she is a strategic thinker and effective leader who can make the most profitable decisions. The goal is to guide the organization towards profitability and long-term success. The Director will report directly to the President.
The Director of Finance is a strategic thought-partner and a hands-on and participative leader responsible for the financial and administrative business management of Inspiration Ministries. This position is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, payroll, tax-compliance, investments, insurance, and audit functions of the organization. The position ensures that there are effective financial and accounting system controls and standards in place.
The Director of Finance is a member of the Executive Team and plays a critical role in strategic decision making and operations as IM continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This position works closely with the Executive Team.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
• Provides status of financial condition of the organization by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises Executive Team of actions and potential risks.
• Manages organization budget, cash, expenses and investments effectively.
• Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation, efficiency, and ensure compliance.
• Oversee all financial and accounting operations including accounts payable, receivables, payroll, end of year reporting, resident account reconciliations, and other administrative bookkeeping functions. This includes significant hands on involvement in these functions.
• Ensure that accounting lends itself to robust financial planning, reporting and analysis.
• Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports and ensure accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Oversee all resident financial management processes, systems, etc., ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
Forecasting, Cash Planning, Resource Management, Budgeting
• Oversee short and long term cash flow forecasting, including to ensure accuracy and completeness, tracking forecast accuracy and leading Executive Team to refine process, and to effectively manage cash and ensure sufficient liquidity to accomplish the organization’s objectives.
• Proactively work with Executive Team members as strategic partner.
• Monitor and report cash balances including monthly forecasting to the Executive Team.
• Annually prepare capital spending schedule and proactively manage timing of expenditures.
• Develop 5-year financial forecast in line with strategic plan.
• Lead annual budgeting and process to ensure achievement of 5-year strategic plan.
Financial Reporting and Financial Analysis
• Oversee development of monthly financial reporting and supporting commentary by the 15th of each month.
• Lead monthly budget vs. actual reviews with functional area department heads to ensure effective expense and income management inter-departmentally; proactively advise and develop countermeasures and strategy.
• Develop and maintain quarterly finance dashboard to track risks and opportunities to ensure achievement of financial targets, identifying opportunities to mitigate risks and present to President and Board of Directors.
• Lead development of annual pricing analysis and present to President with insights to inform pricing strategy.
• Identify financial analysis that needs to be conducted and lead team to develop and present to President with actionable insights.
• Partner with Finance Committee of the Board of Directors to ensure margin maintenance/improvements.
• Evaluate organization expansion opportunities, leading development of financial models.
• Strong negotiation skills required.
• Develop and manage financially viable managed care contracts. Knowledge of managed care contracting strongly desired in any of the following settings: Long Term Acute Care, Skilled Nursing/Transitional Care, Inpatient Rehab, Home Health and Hospice.
• Responsible for working with vendors to determine payment terms that favor the organization and ensure sufficient working capital.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships, representing the organization professionally at all times.
• Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firm and review firm’s performance.
• Maintain and provide data to auditors for preparation of tax returns.
• Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, SEC rules and regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Responsible for all corporate and activities including employee benefits, retirement plans, corporate insurance, information technology, and related activities.
• Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the organization.
• Maintain auto dealer licensing and assist with special events as needed.
• Participate in and provide input for IM committees, task forces, etc.
• Participate in and provide input for IM strategic planning.