Job Title : House Mom
Company/Org Name : The Daughter Project
Hourly, From $10.00 To $11.00 Per hour
Category : Social Services/Nonprofit
Job Type : Full Time
Minimum Education : High School
Career Level :
Minimum Experience : None Required, Will Train
Apply By :
Start Date : 03-04-17
Expertise Required :
● Intake of youth
● Collaboration with Program Director on service plan
● Day-to-day care of youth
● Supervision of youth
● Assist in maintaining a daily schedule
● Provide transportation
● Schedule necessary appointments for youth in coordination with Program Director
● Maintain contact with school to monitor youth’s progress
● Provide recreation and outings for youth
Experience and Skills Preferred:
● The position requires a high school diploma
● Extensive knowledge of domestic sex trafficking of minors
● Experience working in a diverse group setting
● Personal experience or knowledge of abuse preferred
● Be a good, moral role model to the girls, in line with program’s expectations.
Qualifications: You must be a Christian woman at least 21 years of age who is an active member of a Christian church or community of followers of Jesus Christ. It is our desire that your selection as a House Mom be based upon your maturity as a godly woman more than any other single criteria. Of course, God is the only one who can see someone’s heart but this extensive application reflects our desire to determine if your maturity and heart attitude give you the potential to be a House Mom for the girls He brings to our home.
Responsibilities: As a House Mom, we will ask to love and care for a group of extremely traumatized adolescent girls. You will be scheduled to work 5 days per week, typically 9 hours per day. The days and hours will be determined by our staffing needs and your preferences. We expect every House Mom to have daily prayer support from her church/community. In particular, each Mom should have at least seven people who are devoted to praying for her at least one day each week. Prayers on your behalf and by you are an essential part of your spiritual well-being. They are needed in order for you to minister fully to the girls you are serving.
Benefits: If you are selected to be a House Mom, we will commit to supporting you in love. We will provide you with training for your role as a House Mom, professional counseling and health benefits at no cost to you. Your salary will be $1,800/month.